My original full post can be found on my blog, but felt I should share part of it here as well in case it is helpful to more women in need of these resources.
I have spent the last few days in a furious rage about the horrific decision from the supreme court that negatively effects half of the American population, puts the lives of countless women and girls in danger, and has us sliding back in time in America. So let’s lay it out and share resources for next steps — and in the words of Gloria Steinem: “There is no democracy without the right to chose”.
Other’s have written eloquently about what this means for the future of women, the US and democracy, what comes next, and most importantly — RESOURCES to share.
RESOURCES (will keep adding, and finding more help networks. Most of this list comes from Forward Midfery)
- First, visit Bansoff.org to support Planned Parenthood actions (also the ACLU and more)
- Where to get pills online: PlanCPills.org/guide
- Find a brick & mortar clinic: Ineedana.org, AbortionFinder.org, Prochoice.org
- Cyber security info: digitaldefensefund.org/learn
- Medical questions during at home abortion/miscarriage: MAHotline.org
- Legal questions: reprolegalhelpline.org
- Find an abortion doula: wearedopo.com
- Judgement-free all options consuelling: all-options.org
- Emotional support during medical abortion: reprocare.com
- Emotional support after your abortion check: exhaleprovoice.org, connectandbreathe.org
- Help with practical support (transport, etc): apiarycollective.org/pso-list
- Funding your abortion: Abortionfunds.org
- Op-Ed, NY Times: The Ruling Overturning Roe Is an Insult to Women and the Judicial System
- Op-Ed, LA Times: The Supreme Court is not accountable to the people. So what can check its power?
- Op-ed, MSNBC: One of the most seismic, yet overlooked, impacts of overturning Roe will be the constrains on our economic freedoms
- New Yorker: Roe’s Final Hours in One of America’s Largest Abortion Clinics
- NPR: What states are abortions now banned or strictly limited?
- Atlantic: I invented Gilead. The supreme court is making it real by Margaret Atwood
- “I love you, keep going” and ‘Watch What They Do Next’ by Jill Filipovic
- Statement from Michelle Obama
- NYT: Companies that have stated they will protect their employees, and cover travel for services in other states (still growing)
- Vice: Tech Companies Won’t Say If They’ll Give Cops Abortion Data
- NYT: Who Will Help Care for Texas’ Post-Roe Babies? Texas is failing families left impoverished by its war against abortion
- This is the slippery slope we are facing with dangerous people on the supreme court, with very sketchy lives and stances — scary stuff. CNBC Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas says gay rights, contraception rulings should be reconsidered after Roe is overturned